1 November 2012

Knock Down Prices?

Having a spare half an hour I thought I'd take a look at some of the auctions on the horizon.  There are some interesting lots at Bonhams Harrogate, Great Yorkshire Showground, 14 Nov 2012, starting at 10:00 GMT.

I wonder who these belonged to?


Two British motorsport member's badges by L Simpson of London,
comprising rare British Speed Hill Climb Club, four colour enamel with nickel plated surround, and a fine Half-Litre Car Club badge, five colour enamel with chrome plated surround, each shield shaped, 4.5cm high. 


Then, taking me back to my childhood I saw this:


An Austin J40 Pedal Car – the last one built,
chassis no. 3298, recorded in the J40 Register, despatched to Coopers of Cleckheaton and purchased by the vendor from the original owner in sound and original but used condition, subsequently repainted and rechromed as necessary about 20 years ago and now presented in gently patinated but fine condition, finished in light blue, a well documented and historically significant J40 pedal car. 



Mine was a light green colour as I recall.

But for those who would like to take part in vintage rallies this looks just the thing:


1933 MG Midget J2/J4 Sports Chassis no. J 0483 Engine no. 1608 AJ
Estimate: £30,000 - 40,000
€37,000 - 50,000
US$ 48,000 - 64,000










1 comment:

  1. I had an MG J2 when I was 18. It had been 'butchered' with a Ford E93A engine. It had an MG reg No (MG 2024 I think) I think I sold it for £190! I think the reg No was worth more than the car then!

    ReplyDelete