19 May 2015

No Pressure Then.....................................

Life has been somewhat hectic since I started my new job in November last year. What with trying to staff a multi-billion dollar project from scratch, and manage $2Bn of it on my own, I think I can be forgiven if I missed something. That something was the need for an international licence in order to compete in the Peter Auto CER Historic Touring Cars race at Spa, which takes place this coming weekend of 22 to 24 May 2015. I had thought I could continue to race on my National A licence if I only entered one event with any particular overseas organizer. Sadly I discovered two weeks ago that I was wrong. So, upon reaching that conclusion, I immediately called Motor Racing Medics +1293 775254 and sought their assistance because in order to upgrade to an International C I needed not only a new medical but also a stress ECG. So, having arrived back in the UK from Turkey on Sunday 17th, I was being put through my paces at mid-day on Monday 18 May. The results were written up overnight and as I write it is 16:30 on 19 May and I am holding my new International C licence. Very impressive. I’d also like to take this opportunity to thank the MSA licensing team who worked miracles and produced said licence within 24hrs of receiving the form. And so, to Spa Francorchamps with the Rover.

No comments:

Post a Comment