11 November 2011

Touring Cars at the Silverstone Classic 2012

Posted on 10/10s.com it was anounced that there will be two 20 minute (televised) races for Group1 and 2, A and Super Touring cars at the Silverstone Classic in July 2012.  The organisers are aiming for original "as raced cars" so at the moment cars similar to mine that were built to the regs but in a later period, will not be invited.

Soooo, they are looking for original cars in original conditon.  Applicable period is 1973 to 2000.

They need 38 cars with entry fees submitted by 30 November 2011.  

Anybody with a suitable car can cut and paste the entry form below.  (I wouldn't take too much notice of the race description.  The periods and classes have been changed to something more realistic.)



SILVERSTONE CLASSIC 2012
TOURING CAR TROPHY RACE
THE RACE IS OPEN TO GENUINE PERIOD TOURING CARS FROM 1976 TO 2000 THAT RAN IN THE BTCC,STW,DTM ETC THAT ARE UNMODIFIED FROM THEIR PERIOD SPECIFICATION.
AT THE SILVERSTONE CLASSIC JULY 20,21,22 JULY 2012
ON THE SILVERSTONE GP CIRCUIT
QUALIFYING FRIDAY 20TH JULY
RACE 1 20MINS SATURDAY 21ST JULY
RACE 2 20MINS SUNDAY 22ND JULY
PRACTICE/ TRAINING AVAILABLE 19TH JULY

CLASS A 2 LITRE SUPER TOURING CARS 1996-2000
CLASS B  2 LITRE SUPER TOURING CARS PRE 1995 SEQUENTIAL GEAR BOX
CLASS C  2 LITRE TOURING CARS NON SEQUENTIAL GEARBOX
CLASS D DTM REVIVAL CARS
CLASS E GROUP A 1985-1990
CLASS F GROUP A 1980-1985
CLASS G PRE-1980 OVER 2 LITRE
CLASS H PRE-1980 UPTO 2 LITRE

Name of Entrant/Driver…………………………………………………………………..
Comp Licence No………………………………Grade…………………………………..
Adress………………………………………………………………………………………
County…………………………………………..Postcode………………………………..
E mail address……………………………………………………………………………..
Home…………………………………Mobile……………………Work………………...

Next of Kin…………………………...................Relationship…………………………...
Adress………………………………………………………………………………………
Home…………………………………Mobile…………………………………………….

VEHICLE DETAILS
Make………………………………….Model………………………cc…………………..
Transponder no………………………Original Livery……YES/NO…………………..
Year…………………………………...Class……………………….Car Number………
Breif History……………………………………………………………………………….
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Declaration
I declare that I have been given the opportunity to read the General Regulations of the Motor Sports Association and, if any the Supplementry Regulations for this event and agree to be bound by them. I declare that I am physically and mentally fit to take part in this event and I am competent to do so. I acknowledge that I understand the nature and type of the competition and the potential risk inherent with the motor sport and agree to accept that risk. Further I understand that all persons having any connection with the promotion and/ or organization and/ or conduct of the event are insured against loss or injury through their negligence.
I declare that to the best of my belief the Driver(s) possess(es) the standard of competence necessary for an event of this type to which this entry relatesand that the vehicle entered is suitable and roadworthy for the event having regard to the course and the speeds which will be reached. I understand that should I at the time of this event be suffering from any disability whether permanent or temporary which is likely to affect prejudicially my normal control of my vehicle I may not take part unless I have declared such disability to the ASN which has, following such declaration, issued a licence which permits me to do so.
I undertakethat at the time of the event to which this entry relates I shall have passed or am exempt from an ASN specified medical examination within the specified period H10.1.6

Any application form for an entry which was signed by a person under the age of 18 years was countersigned by that person’s parent/guardian/guarantor whose full name and address has been given. If I am the parent/guardian/guarantor or the driver I understand that I have the right to be present during any procedure being carried out under the Supplementary Regulations issued for this event and the General Regulations of the MSA
I confirm that I have acquainted myself with the MSA General Regulations agree to pay any appropriate charges and fees pursuant to those Regulations ( to include any appendices thereto) and hereby agreeto be bound by those Regulations and submit myself without reserve to the consequences resulting from those Regulations (and any subsequent alteration thereof) Further, I agree to pay as liquidated damages any fines imposed on me up to the maxima set out in Part 3, Appendix 3.

Signature of Driver…………………………Signature of Entrant……………….Date………
Age if under 18………………………………Important/ Any indemnity and/or declaration as prescribed by the paragraphs above which is signed by a person under the age of 18 shall be countersigned by that person’s parents or guardian, whose full name and address is given below
Name of Parent or Guardian……………….Signature of Parent/Guardian………………….
Full Address………………………………………………………………………………………
……………………………………………………………………………………………………..
Has the driver raced before?  Yes/ No            At this circuit in the current format? Yes/ No

Payment Details
No entry will be accepted unless accompanied by the correct entry fee  of £1000.00
Cheques to be made payable to GOOSE COMMUNICATIONS
Please return to DAVID JARMAN, ARBORY, NUPEND, HORSLEY, STROUD , GLOS GL60PY UK tel 07802192354  harveymushman@btinternet.com








No comments:

Post a Comment